Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Winner Emerges 3/27/09!!!!!

With a strong showing in practice the pro-am race in Santa Clara was looking like it could possibly be the biggest and fastest of the season. Riders like Gavin Lubbe a prior winner, Joey Bradford, Past Amateur #1 Alexis Vergara, Masa Sampei to represent the East, and Mike Hughes the local hero, it was shaping up to possibly be the hardest main event in some time for a pro-am. But things were not to be as some riders had prior activities planned and some were saving their legs for the upcoming ABA Oregon Race. Bandit racing is still holding $100 extra cash when we get 17+ riders so Steve was half way to the bank when the motos were posted and only 7guys entered. Not a problem at all for eventual winner Anthony Pasqual who would take down the win with a mean first straight and avoid the last turn action to take home the cash. We caught up with him and stole some pics off the myspace page and here is his take on the event and the future plans- Enjoy

Results-
1. Anthony Pasqual
2. Kyle Zondervan
3. Kevin Zondervan
4. Al Porter
5. Patrick Price
6. Nick Valencia

Name:Pete Anthony Pascual
City:Stockton Cali
Age:16
Local Track: Roseville


Lets go ahead and get right into it. Congrats on your win last Friday it was well deserved and some people were a little surprised... Explain the lap for those of us who are old and cant recall.-

Thank you.Well it was about my second time on a random gate and i really wasnt used to it so i felt at a disadvantage,but in the main I felt I had a pretty good snap and tried to hold it to the first corner so I can try and stay as smooth as possible,so people have a harder time to pass me.I did that and held the way,even though I was way out of breath trying to old everybody else off,haha.

Now getting back to the stunned faces when a new winner emerges- I have seen you killing it at national events all year and youve been on my radar for some time. But a few people I had to explain in detail that you just didnt fall off the milk truck and win a race. Its no secret to the people in your circle that you work hard for the speed you have. Whats the group like that you ride with and how does it help obviously?

Haha,I ride and train with a few people,mainly because it helps me push myself to the limit to try and be the best I can.The people I train with are very supportive and train really hard also.(Howard Cato)I think its a good advantage to train with somebody other than yourself so you do everything you need to than to back out if you get tired.

With a win in the 3rd round of the series and making a little bit of cash for your efforts, we assume youll be making it out for future events?

yes.I like to push myself against older and stronger people to see where i should be at.And makin money is a plus!

Who do you consider a threat to take down a pro-am win and whos considered tough comp at the local tracks in your opinion?

Well thats hard to say because I ride at a lot of local races,theres a lot of people but to make it short I would say,Shankle,and Nick.

Random Gate or ABA Style?

I like ABA but starting to get the random.

Tech or Power?

Combination of both.

Why does Howard Cato come all the way to the Pro-Am night and then decide to polish his grill instead of getting in the mix?

Haha,I think he wouldnt want to get hurt on the random gate because he has upcoming nationals all the time.

Shout outs?

Big shout outs to my dad and Howard Cato!!

What races can we keep an eye out for you in the future?

Oregon and some more pro ams in Santa Clara!!

No comments:

Post a Comment