Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Local Talent A Pro- J Fil Speaks Out!

Full Name? Jayson Filingeri
Where you from? San Jose
Years Racing? 8...off and on
Favorite Local Rider? Nick Valencia
National Rider? Connor Fields
Favorite Local Track/Spot? Santa Clara Pal by default
Normal riding crew? Mike Hughes, Z man, Matt Amato, Ricky Rinauro, and every once in a while Nick is down to ride.




1. A couple people had you pegged for the overall win at the last pro am event... what happened to ya? You asked my girlfriend and my mom...not that they're biased. Seriously though, there was some really good comp that showed up, which made for some great racing.

2.With a full 10 race series do you think this will help some of the ams coming up and keep you on your toes inbetween nationals? I definitely think these races benefit the Ams a lot. Chasing someone down is the best way to get faster, and being able to go home saying you made the main over a couple pros is another great incentive/confidence booster. For me, I am excited because I only hit a handful of nationals so this gives me a lot more racing throughout the season.

3. First straight pull or full track skill? When I was younger I thought full track skill was awesome and that it was all that really mattered. However, it seems like at each national track there is less passing and you need to get into that first turn in front.

4. Who do you see as a threat and maybe big time up and comer in the next year or so? I think it is going to be awesome to watch kids like Rusty Nesvig and Riley Stair start battling it out in A pro in a few years, there are too many fast kids now a days it is hard to keep track.

5. Anybody surprise you at that first race?
My only surprise was that Bob Coover wasn't in the main...he is capable of getting on that podium on a good night.

6.Plans for 09? You gonna make a bid at the pro am title word on the street is plenty of cash and prizes... I definitely plan to ride the pro am circuit, it is going to be a blast. If ABA isn't careful it might turn into the place to be rather than driving to nationals, especially with the economy and the fact this series should end up being one you can't miss.

7. 2009 sponsors and thanks? Psykopath for getting me on some great frames, my girlfriend, friends, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment