Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kyle Z-Man Zondervan tells all!

Haha the headlines get cornier everytime but enjoy...

Name:Kyle Zondervan
Age:22
Hometown: San Jose
Favorite Pro/Am: Day or Cisar/ Dont really have a favorite am. Sharrah and Fields are always good to watch though.
Favorite Local Rider: Joey B
Favorite Track/Spot: Fresno


Go ahead and give us a heads up on who you are, brief history on yourself and your riding-

Names Kyle but most people call me Z Man. Started racing when I was around 12 years old and been with it ever since.

Being in the A pro class has got to be tough especially right now, who do you think is the future AA in the class and whats it going to take to make that step for yourself?

Future AA's are probably Reid, Long, Wiesendanger and Lubbe just to name a few. They need to hurry up and turn AA already! As far as myself I need to step up the training a bit I think so I get on their level.

A lot of people may not know but you were one of the first Am's to navigate the UCI SX event held in SJ a few years back that eventually became the basis for the Olympic Track. Hows it feel knowing from a riders perspective you have ridden that caliber of track? Any plans to test the skills at that level again?

Riding that track when I was an am was crazy. The adrenaline rush was like no other. I am so glad I pushed myself to ride the track 2 years in a row, it was so fun. I have no plans to ride any supercross races in the near future but I would love to ride another supercross track eventually because it is like nothing else.

You have been a long time member of Psykopath's roster, hows the team doing and the crew?

The team is doing ok. Its hard to deal with things sometimes but every team goes through its ups and downs. Carl has been there for me for a while so I cant complain.

Your younger brother has been biting at your heels at the local track, is a small rivalry developing?

Definitely not. Kev cant hang. If he gets close to me I somehow find a way to push that much harder to stay out front haha! Cant let little Z beat me.

What local riders can you see taking their racing to the next level and making a splash nationally or even on the Worlds level?

I think there are a lot of riders locally that have stepped it up recently out at Santa Clara. I think they need to expand a bit and ride some other tracks tho. Niko Dzapo, Matt Trujillo and my boy Mike Kiser just to name a few have shown some recent improvements out at Santa Clara, but again I think riding other tracks will keep their speed up not only at Pal but at other tracks and at nationals. I also have to mention little 6x Mathew Sterling, hes been killin it recently at the nationals and I wanna congratulate him on getiing the GT ride.

Random Gate or ABA Predictable Gate?

Random Gate all the way. Shows who really has the skills to pay the bills.
You just missed the Pro-Am podium at the line with a 4th place finish at the last event, explain the lap and anything you could have done different to possibly be up for the win?

Ya I could have had a stronger first straight so I wouldnt have been balled up by Nick Dawg down the second straight and rhythm! Then I would have gotten that podium haha! Santa Clara pro ams are always a good time. Love ya Nick

Is Joey Bradford going fast right now or what?

Agreed. Straight killin' it these days.

Whats the final plans for the rest of 2009 I hear rumors that your going to this and that race, whats it looking like and what companies are supporting you and helping the dream?

Plans for 09' are to hit as many nationals as possible, or as many as my sponsors and budget will let me. Psykopath has been my long term ride and as for right now I am still getting helped out by Carl and the team which is greatly appreciated. A new co sponsor for me for 09 is Taco Bravo. They are helping me out huge and getting me to races that I normally wouldnt get to without them. I wanna thank everyone at Taco Bravo for the help and also my clothing sponsor STRIP clothing for keeping me fitted with some fresh threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment